08 April 2009

I'm a news junky and find no shame in admitting it.

As a teenager I would often have the house practically to myself and would sit on the floor of our family room eating breakfast and watching the Sunday morning political talk shows. I may have shed a tear when Tim Russert passed away and I might even admit to having had a teensy tiny crush on George Stephanopoulos at one point.

Because of my strange fascination with the news you can often find me skimming the headlines of MSNBC and CNN while I should probably be doing other things—like working, cleaning, sleeping, reading, maybe hanging something on the bare walls of the apartment I’ve lived in for 7 months. But I digress...Today as I was trolling the headlines I came across a gem in the CNN Living section that, while not incredibly newsworthy, was too good to not share.

All I could say after reading this was AMEN!

I think this could be a good article for my Bishop’s wife to use in the "Manaissance" night she is planning for the guys in our ward. But that’s the subject of an entirely different post and I’ve got laundry to fold…

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I enjoyed the article too. :)

Emily said...

you are funny!! did you send it to Sis. P yet??

Kristine said...

I don't know, I have mixed feelings on this one... While I agree with the sentiments of the article, I don't know that I would have put any of the examples given under the category of "chivalry." My question: when did "chivalry" and "common decency" become synonyms? I expect EVERYONE to answer my texts, generally be on time, etc. It's just polite. I raise the bar a little highter for a supposedly chivalrous gentleman...

The M Family said...

Oh I laughed so hard when I read your post. We are like soul sisters. I am totally with you on the news and Tim Russert and I just might have a crush on Brian Williams. It's ALL in his voice......

Beth said...

I agree with Krisine on this one. I would expect the items brought up in the article from someone I was dating. Any less, and I'm not interested.

Good find.