16 August 2008

You know you're in Corvallis when:
  • Within 2 hours of being in town you run into 10 people you know including your second grade teacher, parents of your friends from middle school, and your high school counselor [who has no idea who you are].
  • You eat at the new, chic restaurant and the people next to you are in pastel tank tops, khaki cargo shorts, and Birkenstocks.
  • You go to a play on campus and know and/or went to school with at least 5 people whose names are on the program.
  • You buy a really cute headband at your favorite store and 3 hours later when you're enjoying your gelato at Francesco's you see someone wearing the exact same headband.
  • You see a bride and groom leaving their wedding reception...at American Dream. [Why would you celebrate your wedding there?? Why?? And at the risk of offending 95% of the Corvallis population I have to admit I don't even really like their pizza]

I can't believe that all of above happened in my quick, less than 24 hour visit! Oh, I love coming home! Happy Birthday Dad! (as if he even knows I have a blog!)

10 comments:

Emily said...

haha! The joy of small towns! Congrats on 2 posts in one month!

kg said...

I LOVE American Dream! I want to see the head band.

Me said...

i liked your headband :)

thats like when i go back to forest grove: i will see 5 people at fred meyer, 4 at safeway, and between 3-4 on the street depending on the time of day. yay small towns :)

Anonymous said...

I am smarter than you know. Dad

Heather said...

Haha, your pop is funny.

Amy said...

I like the atmosphere at Dream much better than their pizza. But I'm not from Corvallis, so I figure it must be okay for me to agree with you. Most of those are funny except for the headband one. I hate to run into someone wearing the exact somethings of what I'm wearing. It makes me feel like I'm in HS

Amy said...

I like the atmosphere at Dream much better than their pizza. But I'm not from Corvallis, so I figure it must be okay for me to agree with you. Most of those are funny except for the headband one. I hate to run into someone wearing the exact somethings of what I'm wearing. It makes me feel like I'm in HS

Sweet Peas Doula said...

Pure blasphemy, Diana -- to be down on the Dream. I wish I would have had my reception there...

Amy

Garth Tingey said...

Why would somebody celebrate their wedding at The Dream? Because what they may lack in style they make up for in taste.

As for Chad Javon Johnson changing his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco, he is just given the world every bit of Dade County that he has in him. While the name change paperwork lists his profession as "professional football player", Mr. Ocho Cinco is first and foremost an entertainer, and things like sending Pepto Bismol to his opponents, the now outlawed TD celebrations and changing name keep his name in the spotlight and bring attention to his brand. This method has brought him fame and fortune and as such he will likely continue to do things the make you question his sanity. But as long as there is money there, people will chase it.

emily a. said...

Okay- this was really funny and made me REALLY miss Corvallis.